The academic personnel who will serve as academic advisors for students at Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences:
Prof. Asst. Dr. Faruk Bojaxhi
Contact: [email protected]
You can meet him in person and make an appointment for a consultation.
You can also make an appointment online.
Those designated as in point I of this decision, under the direction of the dean of the designated faculty, and in coordination with the Career Center, coordinate counseling activities for university students about specific academic programs or individualized about academic, personal or career aspects that intervene in achieving academic potential.
Duties and responsibilities of the academic advisor.
- Assesses students’ interest, aptitudes, and abilities to aid in academic and career planning.
- Advises students in developing a specific academic program including the selection of electives
- Acts as liaison between the Career Center and the faculty.
- Provides advice to improve student development, improve the quality of the learning environment, and advise students to meet academic and career goals.
- Coordinates programs for students with special needs.
- Plans and provides outreach programs for students from underrepresented groups
- Serves as a resource for other academic advisors/counselors regarding struggling students.
- Plans and implements programs to assist students in their careers.
- Some examples are student workshops, departmental information sessions or major fairs.
- Refers students for various assessment tests, evaluates test results, recommends an appropriate program based on test results.
- Provides personal, professional and other non-academic counseling as appropriate.
- Makes referrals to appropriate University offices for specialized attention when indicated.
- Recommends assigned students for psychological counseling
- Offers contact with future university students and their parents during high school years, organizes viIta on campus on a group basis and on an individual basis.
- Implements the Statute and regulations of the University.
- Serves as a resource for faculty academic and administrative staff to assist in the interpretation of academic rules and regulations. Develops and implements in-service training seminars, videos, and other tools to improve academic advising.
- Works closely with other university offices to promote consistency and uniformity of adjudication regarding matters such as enforcement of academic requirements, academic probation, transfer into or out of programs, and other related matters.
- supervise support staff or student tutors in their work
- Performs related duties as required.